two listeners help

From: Steve <schen_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:14:45 -0500

Hi,

On Unix platform, I have installed an V8.0.6 db and would like to have it co-existing with production V7.3.2 before finally switched over. V7.3.2 use port 1521 for listener. I would like to have two listeners co-exist in order not to have conflict. V8 db uses "oracle8" while V7 use "oracle" as owner. I would have 1526 as V8 listener.

So how to implement it? Do anyone think I should change tnslsnr name in order not to confuse the system? By the way, multiple listeners is supported, then would that mean you need multiple ports launched by one listener only, or need multiple listeners, such as multiple tnslsnr files (both db do have its tnslsnr file with diff size)?

I would like comment before I crash my system.

All helps are very appreciated.

Steve Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 10:14:45 CST