OEM Managenet Server autostart on W2K

From: Paul Moore <paul.moore_at_uk.origin-it.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:46:08 +0100

I'd like to set my OEM Management server to autostart on Windows 2000. However, if I do so, the service fails to start because it cannot find the repository. The reason for this is easy - the repository is on a database on the same machine, which is also set to autostart. The OEM server starts more quickly than the database, so the database isn't ready when the management server needs it.

Is there a way of setting this up to work? I understand that it is possible to set services up with dependencies on one another. However, for some reason this is not done for the OEM server and its repository. I'd really like to get this set up properly, as at the moment I have to start the management server manually after each reboot :-(

Thanks,
Paul Moore Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 07:46:08 CST