imp-exp tools

From: <carl_bruneau_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:47:20 GMT

Hello Everyone,

In our business - software developper - we have to deal with data from all of our clients. Consequently we decided long ago to work with many tablespaces on the same server and many users by tablespace. So every tablespace logically represent a set of client.

Recently, we upgrade our Oracle server from version 8.0.3 to version 8.1.6.

Since then, we have a problem using the imp-exp tools.

Before the upgrade, we were able to copy all the objects from a users schema residing on one tablespace to another user residing on another tablespace on the same server. Here is an exemple:

exp.exe system/manager owner=user_a file=x.dmp log=y.log direct=y consistent=y

imp.exe system/manager fromuser=user_a touser=user_b file=x.dmp log=z.log commit=y

We always did that with exp-imp tools using the fromuser and touser parametrers and it always worked.

Since the upgrade, we ancounter the imp-00015 error when we are doing that kind of move. Oracle says to us that the default behavior of those tools was to try to copy the data to the same tablespace as it was extract with exp and that those tools are not intended for this kind of move. They almost didn't believe us that we were able to do that on our old server (but, of course, they didn't want to try to reproduce it).

So, I would like to know if you have to deal with this kind of situation and how you proceed to do that?

Any suggestions?

Thank's a lot,

Carl

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 15:47:20 CST