Re: Net8-Problem

From: <happychappy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:37:04 GMT

In article <8uurug$por$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   michaelbogen_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi Brian / Happychappy,
>
> thanks a lot for your answers!
> Unluckily I still have the same problem.
> Sometimes it is a ORA-12222 (TNS:no such protocol adapter), but I
 think
> that is the same. Oracle still does not open tnsnames.ora.

It might be worth setting your TNS_ADMIN registry variable to ensure you're using the same network/admin directory, I assume you're trying to use TCP/IP can you ping another machine from your server and can another machine ping you (its had me more than a few times)

if you do lsnrctl/lsnrctl80 status what do you get particular interest is the directories where it reports the listener.ora file residing

Do you have another system from which you can tnsping ???

Can you get through on the bequeath adaptor, I've had a look at your listener.ora file and it looks ok,

Is your machine called myhost or have you changed it for posting ???

personally I'd put a bequeath connection in

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 05:37:04 CST