Re: ODBC problem

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:49:49 +1100

Weeeeellll,

I've had an ODBC link working for months, so taking your advice, I just went and changed the Data Source Name from 'TEST' to 'TEST%6325625'. My Service Name remained untouched as TEST (which is the rather imaginitive ORACLE_SID I use for these things).

Guess what? The link failed.

Changed it back to plain ol' TEST -and the Link works again.

Bizarre. As I originally posted, *I* thought the Source Name looked like it should be free-form text (though the Description field underneath worried me), but it's not worked for me that way.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000