8.1.6 instalation error on Solaris 7

From: <uwe.wittenberg.merck.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:11:49 GMT

I tried to install Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 7 following Installation instruction in the docs. As a newbee I tried to keep installation as simple as possible: typical installation with implict creation of a database. However installation failed during the creation of the database. Message: Oracle not available. When I try to start the listener I get the message

Message 850 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=NL

Well, I do not have any database, but what is wrong with the message text. Is it a problem of the environment of the oracle user? Here is the .profile of the user oracle

ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
export ORACLE_BASE
ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/8.1.6.
export ORACLE_BASE
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/JRE:$ORACLE_HOME/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/8.1.6./jlib export CLASSPATH
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8
export NLS_LANG
ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data export ORA_NLS33
ORACLE_SID=WORK
export ORACLE_SID
PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/ccs/bin PATH=$PATH:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ucb:.
export PATH

Thank you for any help!
Uwe Received on Wed Nov 15 2000 - 16:11:49 CST