Re: ODBC Heap Error with Win2K and Oracle 8.1.6

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:43:28 GMT

In article <PfvQ5.69$co4.1118_at_news.easynews.net>,   "Christian Rodemeyer" <c.rodemeyer_at_dr-staedtler.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we encounter terrible errors when using Oracle 8.1.6 with Win2K SP1.
 We have
> the latest patches and the Oracle ODBC Driver 8.1.6.2 installed.
>
> Our application is an service with multiple connections. Connections
 will be
> opened and closed, sometimes there may be more than one connection
 aktive.
> After closing and opening an connection, the following error occurs
 in the
> VC6.0 debug output:
> HEAP[T2Embedded.exe]: HEAP: Free Heap block 1de9b28 modified at
 1dea544
> after it was freed
> The error comes from another thread, possibly the oracle driver
 thread.
> After that, connections work totally instable and unpredictable odbc
 errors
> will be generated. You can simulate the error with the following
 trivial
> program:
>
> for (;;)
> {
> SQLAllocConnect(CODBC_Environment, &m_hdbc);
> SQLConnect(m_hdbc, ...);
> SQLDisconnect(m_hdbc);
> SQLFreeConnect(m_hdbc);
> Sleep(1000);
> }

I'm not able to reproduce this problem on my system (WinNT). Does this problem appear only on Win2K?

What version of msvcrt.dll is installed on your system?

> The stack trace looks like this:
> NTDLL! 77f9eea9() <--- The error occurs here
> NTDLL! 77fcd753()
> NTDLL! 77f89393()
> NTDLL! 77fb4789()
> NTDLL! 77fa6567()
> NTDLL! 77fcabc7()
> MSVCRT! 7800113d()
> ORAN8! 60b76831()<-- but this is the fucking bullshit oracle driver
> ORAN8! 60b4107d()
> ORAN8! 60b423a7()
> ORAN8! 60b3eb74()
> ORAN8! 60b11f26()
> ORACLIENT8! 604b8626()
> ORACLIENT8! 6047fd21()
> ORACLIENT8! 604249b3()
> ORACLIENT8! 60401364()
> OCI! 10005993()
> SQORA32! 04c26a3e()
>
> The same error can be reproduced with the ms oracle odbc drive from
 mdac
> 2.5, only the stack trace is a bit longer. Oracle knows this bug
 since april
> if you look at their support page. (support.oracle.com). The hint to
 use
> Win98 as a client since we have a service which must run under Win2K.
 The

--
Justin Cave - Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of
Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.