Re: Rights of Oracle 's files generated by UTL_FILE

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:57:33 GMT

In ou rlast gripping episode "Yann GRENET" <blues92_at_free.fr> wrote:
> I am under ORACLE Server 7.3.4 and Unix HP-UX 10.20
> How to specify rights on files generated by Oracle 's package
 UTL_FILE ?
> By default, Oracle give its files the defaults rights of unix
 user "oracle".

> No batch can be used after generation of the file. (so, no "chmod" or
 things
> like this...)
>
> The only solution I have found is to give the maximum of rights to
 the user
> "oracle" :
> in file ".profile" : umask 000
>
> Not so good for security I guess ! ;-(
>
> Do you have other ideas ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

All that is necessary is read access for files generated through UTL_FILE so a umask of 022 should suffice. This will provide full rights to 'oracle' and read-only access to 'dba' and the rest of the UNIX world.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/