Re: Oracle 8i on Linux

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:16:46 +1100

500Gb??

Chicken feed!!

Student with 3 Tb last week. Haven't beaten the 14Tb one I met a year ago, though.

What comes after Terra's? Peta's??? Allegedly, Oracle supports up to 128 Petabytes. (Pb??)

I stress the use of the owrd "allegedly".

Your recommendations, by the way, are perfect.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000

"Uwe Schneider" <pi_at_richard-schneider.de> wrote in message

> manav wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > RedHat Linux 6.x has the maximum filesize as 2 GB.
> >
> > The data file in Oracle grows upto 1.9 GB, and after that it uses the
> > temporary tablespace to store data. How do I overcome this?
>
> Just add datafiles to the existing tablespace. ("ALTER TABLESPACE ADD
> DATAFILE ... SIZE ...").
>

> > Surely there must be numerous databases around on Linux with size > 2
GB.