Hash clusters

From: blue <blue_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:14:29 -0800

We are running Oracle 8 on Solaris 2.6

A developer has placed a hash cluster on one of our tables, and the performance of this table has been degrading ever since. It is not necessarily static data -- altho the amount doesn't necessarily grow much -- just a lot of inserts and deletes. This table gets analyzed on a regular basis.

I've noticed sql jobs that run against this particular table are now doing
full table scans, and index hints don't work either.

Could someone provide some info/views on when hash clusters are effective,
how to size the keys, rebuilding guidelines, etc.? If not, maybe some good links that give some guidelines?

TIA Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 11:14:29 CST