Re: Suppress writing Redo Log Data

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:37:13 GMT

In our last gripping episode "Barbara Kennedy" <barbken_at_teleport.com> wrote:
> I think you can do this with temp tables in 8.1.6
> <insued_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8urk1i$246
 $1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is it possible to tell Oracle *not* to write redo log information
 for
 certain
> > insert and update statements ? There is no need for the modified
 data to
 be
> > recovered after DB crash or DB shutdown, so the redo data is not
 really
> > necessary.
> >
> > I appreciate any help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Thomas Staudenmaier
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Most assuredly so, however the temporary tables vanish once the session is finished making continued use of the data by other sessions impossible. Also this is, as I mentioned previously, on a table basis, not on a statement basis.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA