Re: Migrate V7.3.4 to V8.1.6

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:54:11 GMT

If you don't have a testserver make sure that you have a very good and complete backup of the current situation. Not just of the database but from the entire server. BTW, what platform will you migrate??

Regards,
BertJan Meinders

In article <8urig5$p96$1_at_news.businessobjects.com>,   "A" <aghrieb_at_businessobjects.com> wrote:
> Migrate V7.3.4 to V8.1.6
>
> I've been given a week to research, plan, and migrate a production
 database
> from 7.3.3 to 8.1.6. I do not have a test server to try this out on
 so I
> have to get it right the first time. Does anyone know of any known
 problems
> migrating in this manner or would like to share some lessons learned.
 Any
> advanced help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Adel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 08:54:11 CST