Aborting PL/SQL

From: Ralf Jonas <ralf.jonas_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:39:44 +0100

Hi,

is there any chance to abort a long running PL/SQL procedure by another way than 'shutdown abort'? We have some very impatient customers, thinking the client hangs and then - without further thinking - pressing ctrl-alt-del and quitting the client programme. The PL/SQL-routine allthough ist still running and is therefore holding locks on several tables.

If it were possible, we could add an Abort button for them to kick the thread. No, we can't split the routine up to several small ones.

Ah, almost forgotten: Oracle 8i EE Rel2 on Sun Solaris.

Thanks in advance
  Ralf Jonas Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 09:39:44 CST