Re: Security problem calling C external procedure

From: Sergei Gouskov <sgouskov_at_ue.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:46:28 +1100

thank you Rick,
The problem is that called C function does not make any calls to database but call shell commands like mkdir or mv, rm , etc thus creating/deleting files-directories in the os file system (so you can easily destroy oracle/bin....) I guess this is the question to C gurus - is it possible to reset (limit) process os permissions or the os user of spawned process (within the process itself) so that spawned process will not use inherited oracle user access privileges?
TA Sergei