Re: Detailed oracle concepts...!!! ANy DBA can help

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:39:04 GMT

In article <8urik7$sb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com> wrote:
> I don't believe that you will find the "mechanical" answer you seek,
> unless, of course, you can find a rather stupendous "de-assembler" to
> reconstruct, at least, the assembly language coding for the Oracle
> executable. Even then you're not likely to discern the nature of the
> C/C++ code as the executable is most likely "stripped" of any and all
> symbol table information.

Hi, David,

At least my Oracle 8.1.6 binary on Solaris (Sparc) is not stripped. So Damian has a slightly better chance to reverse-engineer it, any legal issue aside!

One suggestion to him, other than reading manuals, is to dump datafiles and see how the numbers, varchars, dates are stored.

--
Yong Huang

(yong321_at_yahoo.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/