How to compute difference between two timestamps?

From: <klausspeierl_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:51:57 GMT

Hey there,

I got a process where I constantly log events and write them into a oracle database. To do this I fetch the sysetmtime and date from the WinNT-maschine on which my app is running and write this date/time with a SQL statement in my oracle database. There I got the time like '10.10.2000 15:23:12' what is very good. Now I want to compute the difference between two of these timestamps. My problem is, that one timestamp can be yesteday and next one is tommorrow. Is there any funktion in Oracle which I can take to do this computing?
Another question is: what is going on, if there is a switch to daylight savings time, does oracle recognize this?

Thanks in advance!

Klaus

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 00:51:57 CST