Re: owa package on Oracle 8i

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:07:33 GMT

Inline...

jayaniw_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I have a problem in one of our applications cause
> of owa_packagename are unavailable on Oracle8i.
> When using Oracle 7.3 with Oracle Web Server
> 2.1 , it creates owa,owa_util,owa_image etc..

Well, you told it to "Install the Web Development Packages" - a checkbox, situated rather at the bottom of the definition page for the PL/SQL Agent, IIRC

> packages for each database schema. Once login to
> any schema through SQL Navigator those packages
> are avilable with it. But in Oracle 8i with
> Oracle Application Server 4.0.8.1, I can't see
> those on user schemas once login to the user
> through SQL Navigator.

Similar option - install Web Development Packages.

> So the problem arises when I want to access those
> packages.
> Do anybody know the reason for this.
> 1. Are there any other packages which do the same
> functionality?
> 2. Or are those packages are installed in
> different name in different schema?
> 3. Or do you have any other solution for this?

Install the packages manually - logon as the user you want the packages installed in, using SQL*Plus, and run the main script (owains.sql, I think it was).

> thanks
> jayani
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

BTW, Better upgrade to 4082, and apply the latest patches. OAS (V4) is a memory hog, compared to OWS (V2) - consider iAS with Oracle8i; iAS plus mod_plsql requires about 10MB memory on NT, as opposed to 128MB for OAS (!!).

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel