Re: Oracle RDBMS performance on multiprocessor systems. [Q]

From: wegorz <wegorz_at_winuel.com.pl>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:29:05 +0100

>it will give you the stats for each cpu. I've seen Oracle
>734 work all 6 of our CPUs pretty good sometimes.

I can say more: I have seen Oracle 7.3.4 and 8.0.6 _STANDARD_ Edition using all CPUs on Sun Solaris E450 and Compaq ES40. I have tried to set up a parallel query feature, but results were very unsuccesfully.

>As always, the biggest thing that you can do to speed up
>performance is to reduce reads to the hard drive.

There are no more things to add.

Andrew Rajczakowski Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 08:29:05 CST