Oracle Update failed with single quotes in the data

From: <usuresh_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:07:56 GMT

We are experiencing a strange problem during a database update when called from a C++ Executable compiled in "Multithreaded DLL" mode.
If the update data has single quotes, the update fails and gives "Abnormal Program Termination" error. Database is Oracle 8i and connected through Oracle 8 ODBC driver. Using ADO and MDAC 2.5.
Update is successfull when data has no single quotes character.
It is also successfull when one or both of client and server version is 7.3.x, even with single quotes in the update data.

I'd be glad if someone could give me some advice.

Regards,
Suresh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 14:07:56 CST