Re: SQL Plus and stored procs

From: <mkrolewski_at_rosetta.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:17:08 GMT

As with all programming languages, bugs can present in the code. These errors are caused by assigning a one data type to an inappropriate data type ie number to a character data type. Most of these types of errors are only found at run time -- the compiler will most likely ignore them.

You need to debug the code and determine which specific line and inputs that you are working with or at least publish the code for review.

Michael Krolewski

In article <8up1e2$im62_at_pen6.pen.k12.va.us>,   "Dim" <species_at_hem2.passagen.se> wrote:
> Yepp I'm getting an error.
> I connect to database as a owner of the package, so I dont think
 there's a
> question of privilegies.
> There's two types of error I get:
>
> ORA-06510 PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception str
> and
> ORA-06502 PL/SQL: numeric or value error
>
> Sometimes I get one, sometimes another. there seems to be no special
 cause
> :-(
>
> "Dim" <species_at_hem2.passagen.se> wrote in message
> > Why can't I execute package procedures via SQL Plus?
> >
> > there's a package in Oracle Portal 3 called
 PORTAL30_SSO.WWSSO_LS_PRIVATE
> > which contains a procedure LS_CHANGE_PASSWORD. I have tried many
 ways
> > to get it to run via SQL Plus, but I never got it right.
> > Here's how I try to call it:
> >
> > DECLARE
> > outvar1 NUMBER;
> > BEGIN
> > PORTAL30_SSO.WWSSO_LS_PRIVATE.LS_CHANGE_PASSWORD
> > (P_SSOUSER => 'domino',
> > P_OLDPWD => 'ergoforce5',
> > P_NEWPWD => 'devil888',
> > PO_ERR => outvar1);
> > END;
> > /
> >

> > Definition for the proc :
> >
> > /**
> > * SSO user change password
> > *
> > * This procedure is used to change user sso password
> > * To avoid user frustration, the form presented to user should
 make
> > * the user enter the new pwd twice and use javascript to
 validate
> > equality.
> > *
> > * <template>
> > * wwsso_ls_private.ls_change_password
> > * (
> > * p_ssouser ==> -- IN varchar2
> > * ,p_newpwd ==> -- IN VARCHAR2
> > * ,po_err ==> -- OUT NUMBER
> > * );
> > * </template>
> > *
> > * <code>
> > * wwsso_ls_private.ls_change_password(
> > * p_ssouser ==> sso user name
> > * ,p_newpwd ==> new password
> > * , po_err ==> error code
> > * );
> > * </code>
> > *
> > * @param p_ssouser The sso user name, used to delete from
 list
> > * @param p_newpwd The new password
> > * @param po_err Error code
> > * @exception user_not_found;
> > *
> > */
> > PROCEDURE ls_change_password
> > (
> > p_ssouser IN VARCHAR2,
> > p_oldpwd IN VARCHAR2,
> > p_newpwd IN VARCHAR2,
> > po_err OUT NUMBER
> > );
> >
> > What am i doing wrong?
> > Is there any other way to call a procedure?
> > The final idea is to execute the procedure from an Java application.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Dmitriy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 16:17:08 CST