Re: Becoming an Oracle DBA - part 4 (& last?)

From: Chris Boyle <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:47:05 -0500

I agree with Dave. It is possible to start as a DBA with no experience but it wouldn't hurt to install oracle at home and play with it. I know of a OCP DBA with no experience. Granted he worked his @ss off to study and pass the test but I know he has never done a startup, shutdown export etc. When I was involved with interviewing people for a DBA position we were much more worried about what they had done than about what they knew how to do.