Re: how to transfer SQLserver database to Oracle database

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:42:42 GMT

You can use Oracle's SQL Loader (at the OS command prompt: sqlldr) to load the data into Oracle tables. In SQL Server and Access, you could dump the table data into delimited text files. Oracle's SQL Loader uses control files (similar in concept to SQL Server's format files), which describe how the data is laid out in the text files (i.e. column lengths, delimiter character, etc.). Read up on the sqlldr in Oracle documentation - there's quite a bit you can do with it.

HTH
Sergey

In article <8umgou$1jf$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   mednyk_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Oracle Enterprise 8.1.6
> If I have SQL server database and Access database and i have to
> transfer it to Oracle
> and make an Oracle database valid
> (tables,indexes,sequences,constraints,functions, procedures,
> packages,package bodies) What are the steps to make it fast and
> profecionally.
> If I need to export only data from tables to backup them and
 enterprise
> manager doesn't work how can I do export and import of data.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Nov 12 2000 - 18:42:42 CST