Re: Disaster Recovery HELP!!

From: George <corcorang_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 06:40:27 GMT

Ok I think i have managed to open the database and reset the logs. This is what happened i started recovery and when it got to the archive log that i didn't have, i restored an online log file that just happened to get backed up. The recover took the log and finished recovery and open sesame it worked. Now backupexec oracle client doesn't backup online log files and i was just lucky the grp2 log was on another disk that i backed up. I now downed the server stopped all services and took a cold backup of the entire server so I think i will be ok. I don't think i trust this hot backup stuff. Thanks for all the advice.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Nov 12 2000 - 00:40:27 CST