Re: Oracle + Solaris + PC

From: Rudi Demeulenaere <rdm_at_datafront.nospam.be>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:57:31 GMT

Pawel Dec wrote:

> I consider installing Orace database on PC with Solaris operating system.
> Does anybody any experiences with it ? Will it be stable and fast ?
> The advantages I see just now are:
> 1. The same OS as on SUN machine yet running :-).
> 2. Many times lower price

Exactly, exactly. Have done it many times, very succesfully. Server running with 2 Pentiums (Pentia ?), running for months without caring, with no problem (as opposite to some other popular Intel-running OS'es). I do sometimes wonder why the hell Sun does not put more effort to promote this. Only downside so far I found is that Solaris is not running on some Raid-controllers (hence uninstallable from the very beginning).

</rudi> Received on Sat Nov 11 2000 - 14:57:31 CST