Re: Severe bug using BLOB's in 8i

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:00:36 -0000

Thanks for the response.

You may want ot investigate the effects
of PCTVERSION as well, as this makes
Oracle leave more (or less) copies of
'deleted' LOBS in the LOB segment.
With errors due to variations in actual
LOB sizes, PCTVERSION is the percentage
___under the highwater mark of the segment___ that may be holding older versions of LOBS.

--

Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:                 Addison Wesley Longman
Book bound date:     8th Dec 2000
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i