excessively slow inserts across database links

From: Susan Jorgensen <sjorgensen_at_t-three.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:11:56 -0700

I have a stored procedure that does various inserts into tables across a database link. Something like this:

Insert into some_table

(col1, col2, ...)
(Select colA, colB...

        from  some_remote_table_at_some_database_link
        where ...);

This seems to work ok when only one row is inserted, but when multiple rows are inserted, it takes several minutes to complete. I don't understand why. Any ideas?

If I do the insert by retrieving the rows across the database link into a cursor and then insert the values using Insert into some_table ( ) Values ( ), it works fine again.
Is there something about database links that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Ryan

A reply via email would be appreciated.
ryanj_at_familytv.com Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 01:11:56 CST