Re: Oracle 8i problems

From: Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:23:51 -0500

Comments inline.

Kumar AN wrote:

> a) When I try to stop the databse with 'dbshut', I get
>
> SVRMGR> Password:
> Password:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
> SVRMGR> ORA-01012: not logged on

You are not oracle or TWO_TASK is set. Login as oracle or unset TWO_TASK.

> b) When I try to start a sql session after the database has been started
> with 'dbstart', I get the following:
>
> netz% sqlplus
> Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
> Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
> netz%

ORACLE_HOME is not set or set incorrectly. Use oraenv to set it.

> c) When I try to su to 'oracle' user, I get the following.
> I am sourcing /usr/local/bin/coraenv in my .cshrc file. I followed the
> installation instructions downloaded from oracle.com

Check if you are really in line with the instructions and tell Oracle about this problem, if you are right. The coraenv prompts for the instance name. Check if it is working correctly.

> netz# su - oracle
> dbhome: Command not found
> ORACLE_HOME = [] ?
> netz%

Include $ORACLE_HOME in your path or enter in on the command line.

HTH
Karen Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 09:23:51 CST