How to drop a datafile permanently?

From: <argosy22_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 01:13:07 GMT

Hi everyone,

I can easily create a tablespace:

create tablespace data_oflow
datafile '/data/JUNK805/doflow01.dbf'
size 10M
DEFAULT storage (
initial 128K
next 128K
pctincrease 1
minextents 2
maxextents 80
)

and add a datafile:

alter tablespace DATA_OFLOW
add datafile '/data/JUNK805/doflow02.dbf' size 10M

But, how can I drop this datafile by itself?

I tried:

alter DATABASE
datafile '/data/JUNK805/doflow02.dbf'
OFFLINE
drop

However, the datafile still showed up when I ran my tablespace query script and put the datafile into a state of RECOVERy.

Select status
from v$datafile

STATUS

RECOVER Is there a way to permanently drop this datafile from the database?

Thanks,

Argosy

P.S. - I'm glad that I tested this first!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 19:13:07 CST