Anyone running 8162 on unix?

From: Rob Edgar <robedgar_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 12:08:19 +0800

I am trying to send non-ascii email from oracle using utl_smtp package, seems there is a problem in that oracle forget to declare a function write_raw_data in the package in versions prior to 8162 and therfore all non-ascii text get screwed up.

Unfortunately I am running on Windows2000 and the patch wont be available for a month or two or three.

I cant wait a month to send email out and will need to rewrite the complete package(load java mail write wrappers etc) if I cant get a fix, I just wondered if some kind soul in the world running 8162 on unix would care to email me the .plb and .sql files for utl_smtp so I could temporarily patch my version....

In desperation.......Thanks
Rob Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 22:08:19 CST