Re: What is the limit of a sql string ...

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:29:40 GMT

So it has nothing to do with the file size, then? Could be a long line (as David pointed out, a single line of sql code can be up to 2500 characters), that was wrapped (most terminal emulations wrap at 80 or 132, doubt there is any program that will do 2500 chars on a single line).
This wrapping can/will be interpreted as a cr/lf, which in turn can cause the error. Will take some searching in the code, but a twice wrapped line with 200 characters is different than 2 lines of 80, plus a third with 40... My best guess is that you will 'have a quoted string in your code' wrapped like this. Make sure it reads

'have a quoted string in your code' - 1 line, or concatenate:
'have a quoted string in'||
' your code'

--
Gtrz,