Re: Oracle 8.1.6i brand new install... and me

From: Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 10:16:50 -0500

Hi,

From what you described I conclude that you installed your database successfully.
I also think that you have created the listener. The error you are getting in dba studio
is likely due to the mismatch between the port number in your local tnsnames.ora file
and the one you started your listener on. To check the listener port, go to the server
machine and do "lsnrctl status" at the command prompt. The check the port in tnsnames,
find out which file is being used and see the PORT setting for the corresponding entry.

HTH
Karen.