Re: RMAN question.

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:36:17 +1100

Yes, but not if the database is open. You have 8.1.6, so you'll find that the target database can be in the nomount stage when you do the deed; in the 8.0 version, it must be in the mount stage.

Fully open means the possibility of transactions -and that means hot backups, and that means recovery will require archived redo.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000