RMAN question.

From: <vdolt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 21:58:39 GMT

I am running 8.1.6 on NT in noarchivelog mode. I was trying to use RMAN to do my backups. Here is the command that I've issued and the result:
RMAN> run{
2> allocate channel d1 type disk
format 'D:\Oracle\admin\auto\exp\FULL_d%d_u%u' ;

3> sql 'alter system switch logfile';
4> backup database;
5> }

RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19602: cannot backup or copy active file in NOARCHIVELOG mode

Here is the question: Is there any way to backup a database using RMAN, while in noarchivelog mode?
Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 09 2000 - 15:58:39 CST