Simulate users: best way?

From: Speed Razer <speedrazer_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:23:50 GMT

I'm wondering what is the best way to simulate users hitting a database. I know that you can turn SQL tracing on for the instance in order to trap the SQL, but I've also found that many queries that are trapped by tracing show bind variables instead of literals. As such, you can't turn around and use the trace files to create SQL statements. By the same token, you won't get a true picture of what users do to a database if you use literals instead of bind variables, but unless there's some other relatively simple way of simulating use, that's the best idea I can come up with.

Any references to whitepapers, tools, or other resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SR Received on Thu Nov 09 2000 - 22:23:50 CST