Re: Data transfer between two 8.1.6 databases

From: Yurasis Dragon <yurasis_spam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 05:26:44 GMT

I have experimented with transportable tablespaces and can confirm that it's a good method of copying data from one database to another.

One issue that is important and that may make this option impractical is that from the source databases, the tablespaces in question must be put in read only mode (alter tablespace <xxx> read;).