Re: Data transfer between two 8.1.6 databases

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:05:45 +1100

Well, the documentation for 8.1.6 discusses it at the level of philosophical principle in the Oracle concepts manual (technet.oracle.com has it if you do a search for "TransportableTablespace" -find the section headed "Moving or Copying a Tablespace to Another Database), and the Administrator's Guide has all the specifics on how to do it (under the heading "Transporting Tablespaces Between Databases").

On my own website, the DBA Course slides has a chapter on Export and Import (Chapter 15 from memory) which touches on the Transportable Tablespace option, and there's equally a slide or two in the Backup and Recovery course slides.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000