Re: Track Subscription Benefits (OTN) ?

From: <anon5f6b_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:19:10 GMT

Unfortunately, it is a laptop. But it has 288MB of RAM. Does the Oracle 8i EE expire ? i.e. is it only good for 30 days ?

What are the key benefits to subscribing to the track. Do they ship product CDs ? If so, how quickly.

Also, please indicate what the key differences are between personal oracle and EE.

Thanks for your help and co-operation!

In article <3A097A0C.E890DF92_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>,   Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov> wrote:
> > Do I get Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition through them ? If so,
> > do I get updates. etc.
>
> You can download Oracle 8i EE on Technet without subscribing to the
> track. You do not get updates.
>
> > Is there any product differences between a development and
> > a full blown runtime/production license ?
>
> There is no difference between the products, but the licensing is
> totally different. When you download 8i from Technet, you will be
> presented with the development license. Read through it carefully. It
> explains what you can/cannot do with the development license.
>
> > Finally, where do I find the System Requirements for Oracle 8i,
> > I mean, will it work on my microsoft windows 2000 machine
> > running on a Pentium 266 II machine ?
>
> I'm surprised that you are running Win2K on a PII 266 Mhz machine!! I
> would not run Oracle 8i on this box. How much memory do you have? 8i
> requires more memory than previos versions. You might want to upgrade
> a different box.
>
> HTH,
> Brian
>
> --
> Brian Peasland
> Raytheons Systems at
> USGS EROS Data Center
> These opinions are my own and do not
> necessarily reflect the opinions of my
> company!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 08 2000 - 19:19:10 CST