Re: Is Oracle is CASE SENSITIVE

From: j.m.spit <j.m.spit_at_uptime.nl>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:15:46 +0100

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

I will disclose one of the best known IT secrets (this is guru stuff): character glyphs are stored in the hardware as numbers. The ASCII table is one of the most widely used mappings between character glyphs and numbers, but certainly not the only one. If two character glyphs are not the same, the mapped numbers are not the same. This must obviously hold for all mappings. A computer cannot do magic. Its a computer, it operates on numbers. it stores numbers, not character glyphs.

I just get sick and tired of people asking questions in this newsgroup that they can lookup easily themselves.

I also get sick and tired of people that attempt fundamental discussions on subjects they know nothing about.

Finally, if u do know something about Oracle (in this case), don't answer silly questions. It will save those who really use this newsgroup the FUCKING MESSAGE HEADERS. (Sorry but this one really pissed me off :) Received on Wed Nov 08 2000 - 15:15:46 CST