Re: ORA-4031 and Shared Pool Fragmentation

From: Alan Molloy <alan_molloy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 16:31:46 GMT

Thanks,
So assuming that there is very little shared SQL, and I have that kept in the keep pool, and there is an every increasing set in dynamic statements(mainly INSERT and UPDATE statements with different values) coming at the database, am I right in saying that these statements are fragmenting my shared pool to the extent that these 4031 errors occur? Does having a reserved pool ensure an area that will be kept free for new statements, and is "flushed" on the fly? Regards,
Alan

Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in article <3a0812a4_at_news.iprimus.com.au>...