ADO / Oracle - Anyone seen anything like this?

From: Gord W <gord_at_swcsconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:41:14 -0700

We recently built an application anticipating an install on NT4 SP6A, Oracle 8.1.6, MDAC 2.5 and it works great in our office. When installing at the client site, they realized that they had SP4 and Oracle 8.1.5. The general architecture is ASP pages connecting to Packages (Stored Procedures) for basic CRUD functionality using ADO. The problem at the client site is that the first time we hit any of the pages accessing the database, IE sits and spins then times out. If we refresh the page (at any time when it is waiting), the page comes back instantly and from then on (in that IE session) it works fine. Unfortunately, we don't have 8.1.5 to try determine if it is something in the 8.1.5 and our code or only this configuration of 8.1.5. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Gord Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 16:41:14 CST