Re: Linux: Oracle 8.16 Installation Problem

From: Ian Ellis <ian.ellis_at_planetz.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 14:19:42 -0000

Richard,

sqlplus wouldn't normally be in your command path, unless you've set up the oracle environment first. Try typing '. oraenv' (or '. coraenv') before you try sqlplus (this may prompt you for oracle home and oracle sid, depending on what environment variables you've got set and how /etc/oratab is setup).

Good luck

Ian

PS I hope you haven't done all this before you posted the message - I'd look terribly condescending;) Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 08:19:42 CST