Re: internal password lost

From: <todd4work_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 22:27:35 GMT

Hello!

I am having difficulty getting into the Database Configuration application on Windows NT 4.0. The Oracle application is Oracle 8i, version 2.1.5. (the Database configuration application is not the only one that I'm having problems accessing. I'm having problems with any application that has an "INTERNAL" password field.)

I have already put the correct username in the ORA_DBA and ORA_<SID>_DBA (where <SID> is the database instance, like FOO, for example -- ORA_FOO_DBA) groups, but still, the password field appears. I tried to enter all passwords, "oracle," "change_on_install," and all other Oracle supplied passwords AND tried the user's password. I added the user to these groups while in administrator mode.

Yes, the user is an administrator for the NT box in question as well.

Is there any way I can reset the password to the default "oracle" (I tried using the orapwd command to no avail) and I also tried to remove the DB<SID>.pwd file, but that didn't work as well.

Any idea on how I can get into the database config. app?

Thanks!
Todd

In article <8sm9el$ft2$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   sybrandb_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <8sm1a6$38o$1_at_ns.metacom.ru>,
> "Paul A. Durnoff" <dpa_at_mail.ru> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I was creating the database I have entered the password for
 internal as
> > "internal".
> > The database was created with generated script where I have
 discovered
 that
> > it used the password "oracle" for internal user.
> > But now I can not connect as internal with any password :-(...
> > What is the problem? Please help.
> >
> > DPA
> > dpa_at_mail.ru
> >

> Please do not post without platform and version.
> On Unix, if your o/s user is in the dba group, he will be able to do
 so.
> On NT, if your user is administrator, or in the OS_<SID>_DBA group he
> will be able to do so.
> This is intentionally, internal has been desupported and will not be
> available in Oracle9i
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> All standard disclaimers apply
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 16:27:35 CST