Re: BEQ protocol configuration

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 21:09:56 GMT

not sure BEQ runs on Unixes... try IPC instead: add: (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = <Your SID>)) to listener.ora, and:
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=<Your SID>)) to tnsnames.ora

IIRC, there's some strange way sqlnet parses - check if the correct protocol is taken (easiest to remove TCP from tnsnames...)

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel