Re: Designer Error: "no data found" when creating a new application on a fresh install

From: <pete_karanikas_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 17:25:34 GMT

The owner of those objects is SYS, and SYS was the user that granted those privs to the repository owner. SYS is the only user with those objects... so no dice there.

Can you give me more info on what you did to the init.ora file (EXECUTE_IMPORT, EXECUTE_EXPORT and EXECUTE_PLUS_RAU) and any changes to the registry?

Pete

In article <HtHM5.13201$mC.841171_at_monger.newsread.com>,   "Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote:
> Your SQL shows the privileges granted to SYS. You don't want to make
 SYS
> your repository owner for Designer. A checklist is below, but make
 sure the
> repository has an owner other than SYS.
>
> Van
>
> Oracle Designer/Developer 6.0
> At this point I installed Oracle Designer. There are three parts to
 this.
> First install the client software on the P266. Then install the
 server
> software and create a repository database or a repository schema in a
> database. Finally configure the init.ora parameters and registry
 entries if
> any changes are necessary. Oracle Designer must install into an
 Oracle home
> named Orant.
>
> C1 At the client go to control panel services and shut down any Oracle
> services. In my case none was started. Then put in the Oracle
 Designer 6.0
> CD-ROM and run an install. The name of the Oracle home is
 DEFAULT_HOME, the
> location is ?:\ORANT. I chose a packaged install and selected the
 following
> packages: Analysis, Design and Generation - Generators for Oracle
> Developer - Object Extensions. I had to select whether I wanted
 version 7 or
> version 8 of SQL*Plus and Import/Export. I chose version 8. Then the
> installer started.
> The install completed and I got a message that to have all the
 functionality
> I needed to install report builder 6.0.5.29.2 and form builder
 6.0.5.29.4.
> These were not on the CD-ROM so I did nothing for the time being.
 Finally,
> I restarted the two services I had stopped and made sure SQL*Plus
 still
> worked and I could connect to my databases.
> C2 On the server I changed the init.ora parameter open_cursors =
 400. Then
> I bounced the database. I
> made sure the listener was started. I started SQL*Plus as sys and
 ran this
> script e:\oracle\ora815\rdbms\admin\catexp7. Then I created two
> tablespaces, one for tables and one for indexes:
> create tablespace DEV60_REPOS_TABLES
> datafile 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\DEV60_REPOS_TABLES01.DBF'
> size 100M default storage (initial 128K next 128K pctincrease 0);
>
> create tablespace DEV60_REPOS_INDEXES
> datafile 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\DEV60_REPOS_INDEXES01.DBF'
> size 100M default storage (initial 128K next 128K pctincrease 0);
>
> I created one large rollback segment for the install:
>
> create tablespace INSTALL_DEV60
> datafile 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\INSTALL_DEV60.DBF'
> size 70M default storage (initial 256K next 256K pctincrease 0);
>
> create rollback segment INSTALL_RBS_DEV60
> tablespace INSTALL_DEV60
> storage (initial 1M next 1M minextents 3 optimal 4M);
>
> alter rollback segment INSTALL_RBS_DEV60 online;
>
> Then I took the other rollback segments offline:
>
> select segment_name, tablespace_name, status from dba_rollback_segs;
> alter rollback segment xxx offline; (this turned out to be rollback
> segments RB0 and RB1)
>
> Then I created a repository owner and granted connect and resource to
 him

> create user DEV60 identified by DEV60
> default tablespace DEV60_REPOS_TABLES
> temporary tablespace TEMP;
> grant connect, resource to DEV60;
>
> C3 Now I moved back to the client and performed the next set of steps.
> First I logged onto the server from
> the client as sys using the SQL*Plus version 8. I ran
> @f:\orant\repadm60\utl\ckrorole. Then I ran the following individual
 SQL
> statements:
>
> grant execute on dbms_lock to DEV60;
> grant execute on dbms_pipe to DEV60;
> grant select on dba_rollback_segs to DEV60;
> grant select on dba_segments to DEV60;
> grant create sequence to DEV60;
> grant create synonym to DEV60;
> grant create table to DEV60;
> grant des2000_owner to DEV60;
>
> I modified the DEV60 tnsnames.ora file. I closed SQL*Plus then ran
 start >
> programs > oracle designer r6.0 > repository administration utility.
> connected as DEV60 / DEV60 / ORCL.GLENHILL. At this point I followed
 the
> steps starting on page 2.13 through page 2.29 of the Designer
 Installation
> Guide. These steps check to see whether you have installed the
 necessary
> pieces successfully. I had to modify the registry entries for
> EXECUTE_IMPORT, EXECUTE_EXPORT and EXECUTE_PLUS_RAU. After the
 checks,
> while in the Install a Designer/2000 Repository Instance dialog box I
> pressed "Start". Many objects were created and actual data was
 imported
> from zipped files. I looked at the log files from the install to see
> whether all had gone well.
> C4 Finally, there are the post-creation steps. I brought rollback
 segments
> RB0 and RB1 back online. I left the large INSTALL_RBS_DEV60 in place
 until
> I can find out whether it is useful. Then I used the repository
> administration utility to view objects and check whether any were
 disabled,
> invalid or missing. None was. I changed the init.ora parameter
> max_enabled_roles=50 then bounced the database. I ran two scripts to
 enable
> pinning in the shared pool: @e:\oracle\ora815\rdbms80
 \admin\dbmspool and
> @e:\oracle\ora815\rdbms80\admin\prvtpool.plb. Then I granted access
> DEV60:
>
> grant execute on sys.dbms_shared_pool to DEV60;
>
> I restarted the designer repository administration utility and
 checked that
> pinning worked by pressing the little pin symbol. All went OK.
 Finally,
> following the instructions on page 2.27 of the Designer installation
 manual
> I created a test application system.
> C5 During the install of Oracle Designer, several pieces of Oracle
 Developer
> are installed. But not enough. If you try to do something as simple
 as
> running the Designer tutorial you will not be able to until you
 install
> Developer. Installing Developer is a two part process. First you
 install
> whatever pieces you don't already have from the Developer 6.0 CD-
 ROM. Then
> you install patches from the Developer 6.0 Patch 1 set CD-ROM.
> These are the pieces I installed from the Developer 6.0 CD-ROM
> JDK Applet Viewer 1.1.7.11o
> Oracle Developer Demos, Addons 6.0.5.1.3
> Oracle Developer Forms 6.0.5.0.2
> Oracle Developer Procedure Builder 6.0.5.0.0
> Oracle Developer Project Builder 6.0.5.7.0
> Oracle Developer Schema Builder 6.0.5.6.0
> Oracle Developer Trans Builder 6.0.3.0.3
> Oracle Developer Reports Express Support 6.0.5.11.0
> Oracle Express Connection Editor 6.2.0.0.1
> Oracle Developer Database Tables 6.0.2.0.0h
> Oracle Developer Graphics Graphics Builder 6.0.5.8.0
> Oracle Developer Graphics Cue Card Sound 6.0.5.6.0
> Oracle Developer Reports Builder 6.0.5.28.0
> Oracle Developer Reports Cue Card Sound Files 6.0.5.6.0 (this
 failed)
> These are the pieces I installed from the Developer 6.0 patchset 1
 CD-ROM
> GUI Common Files 6.0.5.29.0
> JDK Applet Viewer 1.1.7.15o
> Oracle Developer Database Tables 6.0.5.29.0
> Oracle Developer Forms 6.0.5.29.4 (but not the web cartridge)
> Oracle Developer Graphics 6.0.5.29.1 (but not graphics server)
> Oracle Developer Procedure Builder 6.0.5.29.0
> Oracle Developer Reports 6.0.5.29.2 (but not multitier server and
 not thin
> client)
> Oracle Jinitiator 1.1.7.15.1o
> Require Support Files 8.0.5.1.0c
> Tools Utilities 6.0.5.29.2
>
> <pete_karanikas_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Need some Designer help. I have an Oracle 8.1.6 instance on the
 same
> > WinNT box with a fresh install of Designer 6.0.3.1.0. When I try to
> > create my first test application as the repository owner, I get the
> > following error:
> >
> > RME-00011: Operation 'INS' on ci_application_systems has failed
> > RME-02124: Failed to execute SQL statement: begin
> > :errcnt := rmmes.getsize;

 rmmes.getall(:errutil,:errcode,
> > :errp0,:errp1,:errp2,:errp3,
> > :errp4,:errp5,:errp6,:errp7); end;
> > RME-02105: Oracle error occurred...
> > ORA-01403: no data found
> > ORA-06512: at "REPOS_OWNER.RMMES", line 157
> > ORA-06512: at line 3
> >
> > ORA-01403: no data found
> >
> > Here are the priviledges that the repository owner has:
> > SQL> l
> > 1 select owner, table_name, grantor , privilege from
 user_tab_privs
> > 2* where grantor in ('SYS','SYSTEM')
> > SQL> /
> >
> > OWNER TABLE_NAME GRANTOR PRIVILEGE
> > --------------- ------------------------------ ---------- ----------

> > -
> > SYS DBMS_LOCK SYS EXECUTE
> > SYS DBMS_PIPE SYS EXECUTE
> > SYS DBA_ROLLBACK_SEGS SYS SELECT
> > SYS DBA_SEGMENTS SYS SELECT
> > SYS DBMS_SHARED_POOL SYS EXECUTE
> > SYS DBMS_ALERT SYS EXECUTE
> > SYS DBMS_SQL SYS EXECUTE
> > SYS STANDARD SYS EXECUTE
> > SYS DBMS_STANDARD SYS EXECUTE
> > SYS DBMS_TRANSACTION SYS EXECUTE
> > SYS DBMS_UTILITY SYS EXECUTE
> >
> > 11 rows selected.
> >
> > SQL>
> >
> > I am stumped. I have actually been through the whole install twice
 now
> > with the same results.
> >
> > ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Pete
> >
> > pete_karanikas_at_hotmail.com
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 06 2000 - 11:25:34 CST