create database

From: <aidan_at_qxlva.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:32:40 GMT

Hi,

Im running Oracle8.0.5 enterprise edition with one database, one instance for development project which is ongoing. We are due to begin a new project shortly and we are looking to create a 2nd seperate database on the same server/oracle installation. Ive never created an oracle database and am unsure of what to do tho it seams straight forward. My question is a simple one, (i hope) i have a full backup of the current oracle setup, datafiles, controlfiles, logs etc.. and was wondering if creating a 2nd database would have any effect on the current database and what issues there may be in setting this up.

Hope someone can help
thanks.

Aidan Pearce
Quicksilva consulting

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 06 2000 - 08:32:40 CST