Announcement://Very Large Hashtable

From: Lane Sharman <lane_at_san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 22:38:32 GMT

Greetings,

VLH is running in production mode for
http://wiki.webmacro.org but a new requirement must be realized.

I need to support structured SQL tables, views, and dbms fields to fulfill analysis, reporting, ad-hoc browsing, data discovery, and security. I intend to upgrade VLH to add another access type, Structured SQL Map, which transparently accesses either a table or a view in a remote database.

Schema mapping is incredibly trivial using JDBC 2.0. A class to be mapped implements the following interface to describe those members which have field mapping in the row.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/java/sql/SQLData.html

I have tested this fully now in Oracle. This will make it possible to have your cake and eat it too. Full object-oriented programming and direct mapping into a sql table without all the nonsense associated with EJB and entity beans.

If you would like to help or review the draft interface which will be a subclass of Map, please let me know.

For more information on Very Large Hashtable:

http://engineering.acctiva.org

Regards,

Lane Sharman Received on Sun Nov 05 2000 - 16:38:32 CST