Sybase to Oracle conversion: Problem loading sybase image data into oracle blob

From: Dwayne Lewis <wdlewis_at_ev1.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:56 GMT

Help !!!!

I am involved in a Sybase to Oracle conversion and one of the Sybase tables uses an image datatype column. I unloaded the data from sybase and can load the rows into Oracle using sqlloader without any errors. The data is getting loaded into a table with the "image" data being loaded as a blob datatype. The image data that was in sybase was basically free form text. When I run a select * on the Oracle table, I can select on the other columns but I cant see the blob data.

I don't think I can convert the data in Sybase before unloading it. I have tried other datatypes such as long and clob with any success also.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.

thanks,

Dwayne Lewis
Dwayne Lewis
Database Administrator
email: wdlewis_at_ev1.net Received on Sun Nov 05 2000 - 22:00:56 CST