Re: real time data load

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 00:32:07 -0800

Your best bet would be OCI in general (not sure if the stored proc would be the most effecient). But using OCI and host variables and array inserts would be very fast. Minimizes the round trips and minimizes the parsing. ODBC supports string substitution for host variables instead of host variables and so OCI should be much faster. Host variables are important to minimize the reparsing (CPU load on the server). They would speed things up signifigantly.
Jim