SQL*Net break/reset to client

From: <millergerry_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 09:19:39 GMT

Help!!
I am loading data via SQL*Loader. There are up to 5 sqlldr sessions running at once and it has been running smoothly for a few weeks. Now the loading has virtually stopped, the main reason
being'SQL*Net break/reset to client' wait events. I have looked this up on Metalink and the general opinion seems to be that it is not a problem . However, a STATSPACK report shows that this wait event constitutes a staggering 92.87% of total waits.
There does not seem to be anything amiss in the listener.log or alert.log.
I have no trouble connecting to the server from the client via SQL*Plus, and can ping from client to server without losing packets.
Any ideas??

Gerry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Nov 04 2000 - 03:19:39 CST