do you need to newfs a raw file?

From: <mr_potato_head_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 20:45:38 GMT

Hi,

   I'm running solaris 7 with oracle 8.1.6. I partitioned out all my disk slices and I'm going to have my database in a raw format. Do I still need to newfs the disks slices before I install oracle? If so, why? Thanks in advance...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Nov 04 2000 - 14:45:38 CST